[cisco-voip] Cheap CME platform?

Gregory Wenzel gwenzit at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 06:37:58 EST 2012

Your on the right track with the xm platform. Do you have cme code. If you
can get it the file name is called c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.124-25a is the
last ios made for the 2600 series is overkill but will do all.

Also for the cme file you want is called cme-124-15XZ2.zip is cme 4.3 and
if you want to do any TCL scripting that file is called
cme-bacd-2.1.2.2.tar.

You will have to spend some coin either way everyone says gns3 will work
which it does. Personally i like a hardware lab. Ebay will be your friend,
keep in mind sellers with low ratings are usually untrust worthy.

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 5:57 PM, chris <tknchris at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone recommend a cheap platform for cme? I am new to cisco voice and
> want to learn it. even if its starting out with cme 4.x or something old. i
> have a 2620xm but i dont have enough flash or ram and it looks to be almost
> $300 to upgrade it. also have a 1841 but it doesnt appear to be able to run
> cme. Im hoping i can find something cheaper to run cme on. I also stumbled
> across the fact that you can boot IOS via TFTP so I was thinking maybe I
> could squeeze things into a smaller flash by putting some bits on TFTP.
>
> Thanks for any advice you have
> chris

Greg Wenzel, CCVP