[cisco-voip] installing CUCIMOC dialing rules COP file - PUB only?

Jason Burns burns.jason at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 17:58:01 EST 2012

To me it looks like the COP file installation is mentioned, and every time.
You need to interpret these rules very literally.

==============
Every time you update the dial rules on Unified CM, you must repeat this
series of procedures to make the changes available to clients, including
Cisco Jabber.

Perform the following procedures in order

   1. Obtain Cisco Options Package file for dial
rules<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/iPhone/8.6/JABI_BK_J29330BB_00_jabber-for-iphone-admin-guide_chapter_01.html#CJAB_TK_O6A0E8CA_00>

===================

This really applies to any client using the CSF framework for dial rules. I
think the first product we released like this was CUCIMOC. It's sort of a
hack.

What should REALLY happen is when you update a dial-rule, the TFTP process
automatically rebuilds the XML file. Instead the XML file only gets rebuilt
when you run the COP installer.

Looking through those instructions it appears that  it was fixed in 8.5 and
the installation of the COP file every time only applies to pre 8.5 CUCM
versions.

-Jason