[cisco-voip] Phantom calls on Linksys SPA-8000 and SPA-3102

Joseph Mays mays at win.net
Tue Feb 28 12:47:01 EST 2012

We've been getting reports we've been trying to troubleshoot from a client
that has a Linksys SPA-8000 ATA. We were finally able to set up a Linksys
SPA-3102 in-house and pretty much replicate the problem.

The party calling into the ATA (SPA-8000 and SPA-3102) from outside gets a
different ring pattern (shorter ring and shorter interval between rings).
After the ringing stops when the answering party (on a phone plugged into
the ATA) picks up, the calling party sees the phone call continue with no
audio for about 5 seconds and then disconnect.

On the answering side, the answering party picks up and gets dead air.