[cisco-voip] Cisco 6945 Gigabit IP phones

Erich Novak Erich.Novak at nts.eu
Thu Jan 5 04:17:50 EST 2012

Some of the Bugs of the 894x phones should be resolved with 9.2.3 coming this month, including custom backgrounds…

the 6945 is a pretty good phone, had also some bugs like delayed audio where you got 1-2 seconds dead air on a new call, but this is resolved in the newest firmwares. Biggest drawback is as Dennis mentioned the small display. Since the 6900s do not need rollover with firmware > 9.2 they are otherwise great phones in my oppinion, IF you don't need a big screen, a builtin vpn client and stuff…

I personally like the 694x phones, but hate the 894x phones with current firmware, but you get a lot of features with the 8945 phones like builtin video and bluetooth.
But watch out with the 694x and 894x phones – features like IPMA are still not supported! Better check with unified reporting if the features you need are supported with those phones.

I would try to get my hands on the phones that match your budget and do a hands on test…

good luck!
Erich