[cisco-voip] Voice Recognition - Unity Connection 7.2

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Thu Jan 5 13:31:57 EST 2012

As far as I recall, there is no partial matching in the Connection directory handlers. I ran into this when I was fooling around with directory handlers. You need to speak the entire name that is contained in the first and last name fields. Funny thing is, it announces what is in the display name. We had some entries which were listed as something like George (Greg) W.B. Bell or something crazy like that. We don't control the data source so we had no choice. I ended up with a work around by adding an alternate name with a period in the first name and what I wanted to match in the last name. I think there is a limit to the number of alternate names though. I believe I talked to one of the developers who said the firstname should be allowed to be blank, but the period got me over that issue and was ignored by the speech recognition.

We're running into the same issues with Nuance Speech Attendant, no partial matches. You have to create aliases if you want partial matches to succeed. This includes speaking the first name. They have an "education" template which recognizes things like "doctor" and "professor" but you still would have to say "professor john smith". I mean, how many students know their professor's first name?

HTH

--
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (ANNU)