[cisco-voip] Partition Question

Haas, Neal nhaas at co.fresno.ca.us
Fri Jan 6 12:53:15 EST 2012

What is the best way to send calls out a particular set of trunks?

I have setup all of our VOIP phones on a Partition of "Internal" We want to route this out the SIP trunks, but I don't want to route our faxes out the SIP trunk.

So I had in my mind to create a Partition of "FAX-ONLY" and I create new CSS so that the calls go out the PRI's, it works, also calling to and from the internal and FAX-ONLY it works, but when I try to call the number it does not work. Busy signal, So I do some digging the PRI's are on a CSS that was not included in FAX-ONLY so I add the CSS of 1020 trunk. Still does not work.

My coworker says that I did it wrong I only needed to change the device pool, to get the desired effect, I don't think so.

What is the best way to make a fax use a particular PRI for calling out? I want to make it easy for the techs to work with.

Thanks

Neal Haas