[cisco-voip] ITL/CTL

Stephen Welsh stephen.welsh at unifiedfx.com
Wed Jan 11 13:34:43 EST 2012

Ok,

So I do go on about our software PhoneView (http://www.unifiedfx.com) a bit, why stop now ;)

Ironically the remote deletion of ITL/CTL Files from 1000's of phones is one of the many things PhoneView can do very easily, the latest version (2.1) has this down to a single mouse click. It's our job to make an IPT Engineers life easy ;)

We will be posting a video of the single click method of deleting ITL/CTL Files soon, in the meantime here is a video on how to bulk delete ITL Files remotely using a key press macro (same process as CTL files, just a slightly different key sequence):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7oPuj1szNg

As an example our software has be used by several clients in the last 12 months to bulk delete CTL & ITL files remotely, one that comes to mind is a large bank with 5000+ phones over 25 sites, all across the US. The needed to remove the security set-up on their cluster as part of an upgrade project, instead of project managing a team of resources to go to each site etc. one engineer did it, all from his desk in NY ;)

In fact just today we set-up another bank with 20,000 phones that needs to change the PC/Switch port settings on their phones remotely, in this case they will be using CTI to control the phones so the key press macro is super reliable, no need to push key presses to the phones web server anymore.

We also just hit 3000 installations of PhoneView after about 14 months being used on 100,000's of phones, so it's quite well tested ;)

Thanks

Stephen