[cisco-voip] IP communicator 8.6 issues lately?

Thomas LeMay thomaslemay at comcast.net
Thu Jan 12 18:58:03 EST 2012

We have seen issues where various releases of IP communicator (version
2.0.2; 2.1.4 and 8.6) conflict with the network interface card.  It prevents
the nic from being recognized and changes the TFTP IP addresses to 0.0.0.0.
This behavior occurs on both Windows XP and Windows 7 operating systems.  We
have experienced one way audio problems too.  In most reported cases, the
issues began right after an epo of McAfee H I P version 8 was pushed through
the network.  We have an open case with McAfee but they have not found
anything yet.

Tom

  _____