[cisco-voip] How to monitor dropped Calls

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 11:25:17 EST 2012

Be wary - 'dropped calls' are some of the vaguest problem descriptions.

Things that classify as a 'dropped call' - one way audio, no way
audio, actual call drop with abnormal cause code, phone failover, lack
of patience in queue, people who have walked away from their phone by
the time it's answered, transfer failures, cell phone drops, and
probably a few more.

Even then, the one-way/no-way audio can be intermittent, mid call, or
for the whole call.  Those are tons of fun.

Even if you set up a trap for abnormal cause codes it's still likely
users will report call drops you can't monitor, unless you're
currently having call drops and already know you're seeing abnormal
cause codes.

-nick