[cisco-voip] Automatic response - CUCM 8

Priebe, Justin D. JPriebe at WilmingtonTrust.com
Mon Jan 30 14:31:24 EST 2012

This is how we intercept calls and send them to Unity to play a recording and then transfer them back to the phone/user:

We create a translation pattern to intercept the DID and we pre-dot the last four digits to send it to a fake DN that you will have to create.

Example:

Translation Pattern
XXXXXX.XXXX
Prefix outgoing calls with YYY

Create Directory number YYYXXXX

Make sure you send all calls to VM for this new DN.

Create a new CSS for this DN and have this new CSS associated with your VM pilot partition.

Create a new Partition for this DN that is associated with the Trunk CSS of that location.

In Unity create a Call handler to intercept the new directory number you have created YYYXXXX.

Under greetings in the call handler you created change what caller hears to "My Personal Recording"

In the after Greetings section select user with Mailbox and make sure you select attempt transfer so it will route the call back to the user after it plays the personal greeting.

If the user does not have a mailbox then you can configure the after greeting to select another call handler that will transfer the call back to the originating number after the personal greeting is played. Of course you will have to create another call handler to transfer the call back to the originating DN.

Then you have to save your recorded greeting under the recording section.

If you hear "Wait while I transfer Your Call" prompt after the personal greeting is played. That means you will need to edit the transfer rules under the specific user. There is a check box under the transfer rules that you will need to uncheck and then the call will ring the user immediately after the personal greeting is played.