[cisco-voip] 3845 power supply sanity check..

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 15:59:50 EST 2012

Hello,

Anyone running a 3845 with the "AC-IP" power supply? If so, what is
the output of show environment, next to "Type:"?

I'm trying to determine what power supplies are in a remote campus
router, show env output says:
ftc-edge#sh environment

 SYS PS1 is present.
        Fan status: Normal
        Input Voltage status: Normal
        DC Output Voltage status: Normal
        Type: AC
        Thermal status: Normal

 SYS PS2 is present.
        Fan status: Normal
        Input Voltage status: Normal
        DC Output Voltage status: Normal
        Type: AC
        Thermal status: Normal

 AUX(-48V) PS1 is absent.

 AUX(-48V) PS2 is present.
Compliance Mode: IEEE 802.af compliant

Trying to verify that these power supplies are NOT AC-IP, if that is
possible to tell. I'm having trouble with PoE on a 48 port PoE
Etherswitch module, and TAC is telling me its because the power
supplies are not the AC-IP variety, and point to this output. only
about 10-12 PoE devices on the switch (7961's).

I'm skeptical because the router was ordered with AC-IP per the
packing slip I have from 2007. Also, PS2 is saying its 802.af
compliant.. that's not to say there was a shipping error and I missed
it when I assembled the device though.

--
Ed Leatherman