[cisco-voip] MOH from flash for output to two routers

steve.siltman at assurant.com steve.siltman at assurant.com
Thu Jul 5 11:17:22 EDT 2012

Hello.

I've got a remote location with 2 ingress gateways.  One of these is 5400
router that doesn't support SRST.   My intent is too play music from flash
on one gateway for both routers.  Router A with the call-manager-fallback
configuration works great and plays music for all callers.  Router B wants
to work but hears dead air.
Both of these routers connect back into the core where I've got what I
think is the correct multicast configuration.   Placing an incoming call
on hold on Router B and it shows the correct multicast address and port.
The multicast stream is making it to Router B's interface.

Just wondering if anyone else does this?  I have a TAC case open and from
what I'm hearing, we are trying to do the impossible.  Just wondering if I
should scrap this idea and tell them to purchase a new router.  It sure
seems like it should work, I feel that we are close.  If anyone else is
doing this then I'll press on Cisco harder.

Thanks,

Steve Siltman

This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may
contain legally privileged and/or confidential information intended
solely for the use of the addressee(s). If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, forwarding or
other use of this message or its attachments is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete this message and all
copies and backups thereof. Thank you.