[cisco-voip] CUC upgrade to 8.6.2.21900-5 freezes?

Beck, Andre cisco-voip at ibh.net
Fri Jul 6 05:35:49 EDT 2012

Hi Andrew,

On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 10:52:58AM +0100, Valvona, Andrew wrote:
> I had a similar issue with Connection (although slightly different revisions) and was advised that this was the workaround by Cisco TAC. I took a DRS and COBRAS backup prior to the upgrade, but in my case I didn't need either as individual language settings were restored once the locale was reinstalled.

Ok, that makes it less ugly and if it happens elsewhere, it's hopefully not
a sign of me having done something wrong in the process that led to this
particular installation. I think I'll change my upgrade procedure from

1) Install 8.6.2a CUC host fresh
2) Restore the DRF backup of a previous upgrade to 8.6.2a to the host
3) Install the locale(s)
4) Upgrade to the latest SU

to swap points (3) and (4), so I don't run into the issue initially, and
keep the workaround on record as TAC approved ;)

> Andrew

Thanks again and have a nice weekend,
Andre.
--
                    Cool .signatures are so 90s...

-> Andre Beck    +++ ABP-RIPE +++      IBH IT-Service GmbH, Dresden <-