[cisco-voip] CUPS Virtual server boot issue

george.hendrix at l-3com.com george.hendrix at l-3com.com
Tue Jul 10 13:19:28 EDT 2012

Hey Guys,

  I have a test CUP server that started giving me issues on a UCS C210.  I get an error similar to the following:

/common contains a file system with errors, check forced
/common Inodes that were part of a corrupted orphan link list found.
/common: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY (i.e. without -a or -p options)
                                                                                                                                                                                                [FAILED]
*** An error occurred during the file system check.
*** Insert the Recovery Disk and select an appropriate
*** check  and correct file system option from
*** the recovery disk menu.

Insert the Recovery Disk then press <Enter>:_

I downloaded the 8.6 recovery CD (both 8.6.2.10000-44-recovery.iso and 8.6.2.20000-2-recovery.iso) and the system won't boot to either one.  I set the options for the server to connect to /vmfs/devices/cdrom/mpx.vmhba38:C0:T0:L0 at power on.  However, it doesn't seem to be connecting.  Any ideas what I need to do?  I sure hope I don't have to completely rebuild the VM Server.

Below is also a screen shot.

[cid:image001.png at 01CD5E9D.8AE56BE0]

Thanks,
Bill