[cisco-voip] 4ESS/5ESS-NI2 - Same Gateway?

mtarpey1 at optimum.net mtarpey1 at optimum.net
Tue Jul 24 10:59:30 EDT 2012

Can't they use VPN with IPsec for the gateway?----- Original Message -----From: "Weigand, John V." Date: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 10:33 amSubject: [cisco-voip] 4ESS/5ESS-NI2 - Same Gateway?To: "cisco-voip at puck.nether.net" > > [Litigation Management, Inc.]> > > Serious Medicine for the > Defense®> > We’re working on getting a new ISDN from our telco provider for > outbound long distance. All of our current lines (from the same > provider) were run from a 4ESS switch, and the “Global ISDN > Switch Type” on our 3845 Gateway (MGCP) is set to 4ESS, with the > individual interfaces set to a “PRI Protocol Type” of PRI 4ESS.> > The provider wants to run the new line from a 5ESS switch, using > NI-2. I do see this is an option for the PRI Protocol Type, but > should it work to have both types coming into the same gateway > (leaving the Global ISDN Switch Type as 4ESS), setting the > interface for the new line to a PRI Protocol Type of PRI NI2?> > >        John V. Weigand> >        IT Project Manager I> Litigation Management, Inc.> 6000 Parkland Boulevard> Mayfield Heights, OH 44124> > > Tel:> Fax:> Cell:> Email:  440-484-2000> 440-484-2009> > jvw at medicineforthedefense.com> > > > > > PRIVILEGE AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE> > The information in this electronic mail is intended for the > named recipients only. It may contain privileged and > confidential material and may be protected under law by the > Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. Any use of > this information by anyone other than the intended receiver is > prohibited. If the reader of this message is not the intended > recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, > distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its > attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this > message in error, please notify the sender immediately by > replying to this message or by calling (800) 778-5424. Please > delete this message from your computer. Thank you.> >