[cisco-voip] 4ESS/5ESS-NI2 - Same Gateway?

Weigand, John V. jvw at medicineforthedefense.com
Tue Jul 24 10:01:59 EDT 2012

[Litigation Management, Inc.]

Serious Medicine for the Defense®<http://www.medicineforthedefense.com/>

We’re working on getting a new ISDN from our telco provider for outbound long distance. All of our current lines (from the same provider) were run from a 4ESS switch, and the “Global ISDN Switch Type” on our 3845 Gateway (MGCP) is set to 4ESS, with the individual interfaces set to a “PRI Protocol Type” of PRI 4ESS.

The provider wants to run the new line from a 5ESS switch, using NI-2. I do see this is an option for the PRI Protocol Type, but should it work to have both types coming into the same gateway (leaving the Global ISDN Switch Type as 4ESS), setting the interface for the new line to a PRI Protocol Type of PRI NI2?

        John V. Weigand

        IT Project Manager I
Litigation Management, Inc.
6000 Parkland Boulevard
Mayfield Heights, OH 44124

Tel:
Fax:
Cell:
Email:  440-484-2000
440-484-2009

jvw at medicineforthedefense.com<mailto:jvw at medicineforthedefense.com>

PRIVILEGE AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The information in this electronic mail is intended for the named recipients only. It may contain privileged and confidential material and may be protected under law by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended receiver is prohibited. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message or by calling (800) 778-5424. Please delete this message from your computer. Thank you.