[cisco-voip] Send outbound calls from a specific port to a specific port

Joseph Mays mays at win.net
Tue Jul 31 13:41:01 EDT 2012

Have a customer with a Cisco IAD. They are using VOIP for most calls, but
there is a fax machine on port 2/7 and they want that to use a dedicated
phone line, so we have two channels of the T1 assigned to being a PRI with
one channel. This works fine, and it's easy enough to direct inbound calls
to the fax number to port 2/7. The problem is with defining dial-peers for
outbound calls.

Basically, they want all calls to any number out to the world to go across
the SIP trunk -- which is fine, easy, and currently working. But they want
calls to any number from port voice 2/7, where the fax machine is plugged
in, to go out the PRI. I'm having real trouble defining a set of dial-peers
that works properly. Everything I define results in the dial-peer for
outbound voip grabbing all calls out to the world.

How does one define a set of dial-peers that say "All calls to other numbers
go out the SIP trunk, EXCEPT calls from voice port 2/7, which should go out
the PRI trunk?" Currently I'm doing it by using translation profiles to
append a special number to the beginning, then routing calls with that
number out the PRI, but that feels jerry-rigged and it seems like there has
to be a better way to do it.