[cisco-voip] Anyone successfully upgraded to CUCM 8.6.2.21900-5?

Roger Wiklund roger.wiklund at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 10:02:40 EDT 2012

I'm running 8.6.2.2000-2 on an MSC-7825-I5.
Downloaded the 8.6.2.2.21900-5 upgrade, checked md5, performed the
upgrade without errors.

When I switched versions and the server rebooted it failed on hardware
detection with a gray screen saying "Detection error on Legacy mode:"
"Warning, system has been identified as an unsupported hardware
platform blah"
After ignoring the TAC warning the system starts but "show hardware"
output is UNKNOWN.

Same think happened on another 7825-I5-server.

I tried upgrading the IBM firmware with the latest 3.6.6 disc.
I found no special hardware requirements in the release note for the
new version.

Any ideas?

/Roger