[cisco-voip] Changes to VoIP systems

Lisa Notarianni lisa.notarianni at scranton.edu
Fri Mar 16 11:45:58 EDT 2012

Is anyone from a large institution or business that can tell me what procedures you use to make changes to your VoIP systems and how many staff members are involved?

We currently have 2 Call Managers (redundant), 2 Unity Connection systems (redundant), 1 Amcom E911 system, 1 InformaCast server and another System for Billing and Reporting via web access – ISI Telemanagement.  In addition we still have several Centrex lines that we manage (about 700).

We purchased 2nd Nature by Unimax to help with provisioning of most of the systems (one point of data entry that sends changes out to CUCM, Unity and Amcom) but we wondered if anyone had any ideas using automation of data changes.  Moves and changes happen often here and it is becoming difficult to manage.