[cisco-voip] (no subject)

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Mon Mar 19 10:08:02 EDT 2012

Something you can try is calling a CallManager phone from your Nortel phone and having that CallManager phone transfer back over to another Nortel phone. This is essentially what Connection is doing. If the phone-to-phone-to-phone transfer releases the trunk, I don't see why the call to/from connection wouldn't give up the trunk.

I just tried this and saw that the trunk channel is not given up. I see the IP address of the IP phone, then the 127.0.0.1 using up the channel in the inbound call. I suspect I would see 127.0.0.1 on the outbound channel as well.

One option to consider is the PIMG. It connects directly to your PBX and provides MWI to your PBX phones as well. It took a while to program but it's working very well for us. I'm guessing this would release the calls.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (ANNU)
Cooking with unix is easy. You just sed it and forget it.
- LFJ (with apologies to Mr. Popeil)