[cisco-voip] Extension Mobility with UCCX?

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Thu Mar 22 10:23:45 EDT 2012

Eventually you will want the fix for this bug:
CSCts97096    CTI info not updated, if EM phone is unplugged without proper logout

With this an agent *should* be able to use the workflow:
1. login to CIPC, login to CAD, do some IPCC work
2. shutdown the PC and/or CIPC without logging out of EM
3. go to office, login to EM on deskphone, login to CAD, and continue IPCC work

This should address several of the situations that arise with inability to control the device.

There was an appreciable change in behavior in UCCX 8.x that changed the symptoms. In UCCX 8.x, we overhauled when we check for device registration. In 7.x we check when attempting to go Ready. Login just verifies the device is in the controlled list, clicking the Ready button verifies if the device is registered or not. In 8.x, we pulled all of that into the login function so if you can login, you can most likely go Ready.

That being said, we had issues with this in 7.x and below due to a variety of CTI/CCM/JTAPI defects, basically CUCM doesn't send us a notification that the device is Registered once it resets after EM login. This is captured in
CSCti07947    CTI does not send CtiLineInServiceEvent to App after device registers

Regards,
Wes