[cisco-voip] Manually updating 7936 firmware? SW version shows blank on phone and web page.

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Mon Mar 26 13:12:26 EDT 2012

Yes, you can definitely do this. You just have to somehow get the phone to point to the TFTP server, either how you described (ALT TFTP) or by setting up the new TFTP server in a DHCP range only that phone will be plugged into.

You will need the software images extracted on your TFTP server and the following file: XMLDefault.cnf.xml

Edit the XMLDefault.cnf.xml file so that the 7936 load is what you want to download. You will have to grab these files from CCO and download them.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (ANNU)
Cooking with unix is easy. You just sed it and forget it.
- LFJ (with apologies to Mr. Popeil)