[cisco-voip] CME Phone Remote

Stephen Welsh stephen.welsh at unifiedfx.com
Fri Mar 30 17:09:29 EDT 2012

Forgot to say:
No. 4 Reset the phone(s) to pull the updated config.

However it sounds like you are trying to create the authentication file, there is no need, as long as you have the correct path and "ip http" configured the CME router will respond accordingly.

I suggest you have a look at the Install Guide for PhoneView (http://www.unifiedfx.com/phoneview/installguide) and the "Configuring UCME for use with PhoneView" section, it has a sample config.

As for the 'trick', if you put the following in your web browser this is exactly what the phone does, so you need to make sure you are getting an AUTHORISED response back for the same request the phone sends:

http://[UCME IP Address]/CCMCIP/authenticate.asp?UserID=rc&Password=12345&devicename=SEP001A6C7B5198

Replacing the userid, password and device name etc. to match your environment.

If you email me directly I'll give you a free copy of PhoneView Lab Edition, ideal for using with UCME.

Thanks

Stephen