[cisco-voip] Send Outbound Caller ID on an IAD2400

Joseph Mays mays at win.net
Tue May 1 14:01:37 EDT 2012

I have an IAD 2400 that I am trying to configure to talk to send all outbound calls to an asterisk server via a SIP trunk. The asterisk server is responding with the ss-noservice message though because it's not receiving the caller-ID for the outbound caller from the IAD2400. I've been trying to figure out what I need to do to get the IAD2400 to report the caller ID, with no luck. I am sending what I think are the relevant parts of the config here. I need it to report the extension (3005) as the caller ID. What am I missing?

(BTW, I am aware of the "clid strip" command, but when I remove that it still doesn't report the caller id, and in fact the call makes even less progress as I am immediately thrown into a fast busy and the asterisk server shows no clear outbound call attempt at all.)

[...]
voice-port 2/0
 description Extension 200
 station-id name Joe Mays IAD
 caller-id enable
[...]
dial-peer voice 1 voip
 description Route Calls to Asterisk
 destination-pattern .T
 session protocol sipv2
 session target ipv4:216.24.23.90:5060
 session transport udp
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte
 codec g711ulaw
 clid strip
 no vad
!
dial-peer voice 2 pots
 destination-pattern 3005
 port 2/0
!
sip-ua
 no remote-party-id
 registrar ipv4:216.24.23.90:5060 expires 3600
 sip-server ipv4:216.24.23.90:5060