[cisco-voip] CUCM Pub HWM Disk usage

george.hendrix at l-3com.com george.hendrix at l-3com.com
Wed May 2 07:58:30 EDT 2012

Hey Guys,

  I have a CUCM 6.1 Cluster that started sending me the following alert:

LogPartitionHighWaterMarkExceeded UsedDiskSpace : 101 MessageString : Disk utilization hits HWM!! Purging files...

Both the CDR Repository and CallManager Service are affected by this.  I can start them, but then they just stop within a short time.  I read somewhere to change the LWM and HWM to low numbers and tried that, but the disk usage is still staying at 101% (not sure how that is even possible).  I tried searching in RTMT for all logs on the Pub and it comes back that nothing is found.  I tried this by a date range and also within the last 60 days, nothing.  I also tried rebooting the server via command line and  received an error that the appliance restart failed.  From what I've read in various threads, the system seems to be in a read-only state and is not able to purge the files now, nor reboot.

Appreciate info anyone can provide as to how to clear the logs in the log partition.

Thanks,
Bill Hendrix