[cisco-voip] Unity Conn 8.6.1 undeletable "new" message

Jeff Ruttman ruttmanj at carewisc.org
Wed May 9 11:24:39 EDT 2012

Greetings,

About a half dozen times in about as many months, we've had a VM box showing one or two undeletable messages in the Edit>Mailbox section in Uconn.

A user complains that the MWI light does not go off thus the system will prompt to listen to new messages, but when you press 1 to listen, system says you have no new messages.  VM box functions properly, but MWI stays on.

After clearing all saved messages, and clearing all deleted messages, the mailbox in Uconn Admin will still show 1 or 2 messages, and the MWI light remains on.  Restarting notifier service, resetting MWI, deleting MWI and recreating = no help.  Light stays on, and mailbox shows those 1 or 2 messages even though the VM prompts claim no new, saved, or delete messages.

Besides deleting the VM box and recreating it, I can also use the Bulk User Delete tool to completely clear the VM box, and thereafter, the mailbox in Uconn will show zero messages.  The MWI light still stay on until you leave a new message and then clear it.  THEN the MWI light goes out and the VM box and MWI behave normally.

Anyone else see these undeletable "new" messages?

Thanks
jeff