[cisco-voip] End of life / end of sale for RPS 2300?

Doug McIntyre merlyn at geeks.org
Fri May 11 15:16:56 EDT 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 02:02:47PM -0500, Robert Kulagowski wrote:
> I've got an RPS 675 that's now dead. I see that the replacement is the
> 2300; how far in advance does Cisco determine what the end of sale /
> EOL date will be? (I can't find it for the RPS 2300 and I was just
> wondering).

I haven't found a specific time frame from announcement to EOS, but
usually about 8-12 months ahead of time. But they do support the
product for 5 years past EOS, so that is pretty nice to depend on.

For the RPS 675
EOL was 4/16/2007
EOS was 10/15/2007
End of Support is 10/13/2012

You won't find to much pre-announcement of EOL, as it is usually keyed
to new product announcements, and nobody will pre-announce a product
announcement.. :)

If you see a new product in the same line as the old one, then an EOL
could be on its way for the old one at that time.