[cisco-voip] caller-id is audible on fxs

chris tknchris at gmail.com
Fri May 11 18:20:37 EDT 2012

hello,

So i got my fxs connected to asterisk just to play around and see how well
cisco and asterisk play nice together and one thing I noticed is that if I
have caller-id enabled on the fxs voice-port. if i pick up quickly before
the first ring completes i can hear tones which i believe is the actual
caller id being sent. turning off this option on the port confirms caller
id is what im hearing. any idea how i can keep the caller-id functionality
but not have it audible if the call is picked up quickly? I'm not sure if
this a cisco or asterisk issue but I figured this would be the best place
of encountering someone who might know.

i played around with caller-id attenuation but didnt have any luck and im
not sure that would actually affect this issue.

I dont think its all that relevant but im running a c2621xm with a nm-2v
holding the vic-2fxs, and I'm running ios 12.4 ipvoice

 thanks in advance!
chris