[cisco-voip] UCCX Agent Upgrades

Mike King me at mpking.com
Wed May 23 16:41:17 EDT 2012

We're prepping to upgrade our UCCX (from 8.5.1 SU2 to SU3).  Of course,
this means all our agents will have to upgrade.

Since our endusers are not admins on the machines, this means I have
upgrade the client for them.

It begs the question, has anyone tried a software deployment solution (SCCM
or Altiris) to push the updated agent?

I'll have to get a feature request into my Account team.  My SSL
VPN utilizes an installer service that you install as an admin once, and it
runs with local system privileges.  When the SSL vpn client needs to
update, it will utilize this service, and the service will perform the
upgrade, neatly sidestepping the fact the end user does not
have privileges to install software.

Cisco could easily use the same tactic for the CAD / HRS / Supervisor
desktop.

Mike