[cisco-voip] Dial-Peer Catch All question

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Wed May 23 23:38:36 EDT 2012

I suppose what I was trying to clarify is that if these are the only
two dial peers, the preference value would never be used.  If it
starts with 652 it will match 34, if not, 555. Preference would be
used only if it matched the two dial peers equally.  It's a fairly
misunderstood command.

For example, if you have a CME, and put a DN 1000 on a phone, and then
you do a SIP dial-peer to another CME with destination-pattern 1000,
it will never be used unless the DN is not available.  The built in
dial peer in this case is actually 1000$ and is more specific.  If you
wanted to route to the other CME first you would need to put a higher
preference on the DN configuration, and then change the
destination-pattern to 1000$ with a lower preference.

-nick