[cisco-voip] Jabber4Win: Merge Directories?

Beck, Andre cisco-voip at ibh.net
Tue Nov 6 15:15:13 EST 2012

Re,

On Tue, Nov 06, 2012 at 07:20:24PM +0100, Beck, Andre wrote:

> As usual, I'm probably just missing something.

First I missed an unambiguous statement of what I want: J4W in either
DeskPhone Control or SoftPhone mode as a type/click-to-dial solution. It's
all about phone numbers and calling contacts from the directory, with
a very large number of external contacts. J4W integrates Outlook contacts
but they actually are a similar problem: Users micromanage their individual
contacts or they come from AD, but actually they should map to the massive
base of contacts in a CRM or similar business software in a way that scales
to enterprise class database sizes.

Sorry for being terse, but I felt it's obvious that if I start typing
the name of a person or firm in the J4W search field, I want to get all
the matches from both the internal AD user base as well as the
additional external contacts from a CRM or similar. That's what I
originally meant by "Directory Merge": Internal and external contacts
tend to be stored in different directories, and I want J4W (or rather,
all Cisco Jabber incarnations) to have a view on the union of them.

When we are at it, why is there no TSP coming with J4W that would
locally shortcut TAPI clients to dial through Jabber? It works fine
with TEL: URLs, but sadly that's not what CRMs seem to use...

TIA,
Andre.
--
                    Cool .signatures are so 90s...

-> Andre Beck    +++ ABP-RIPE +++      IBH IT-Service GmbH, Dresden <-