[cisco-voip] Route Filters

Daniel dan.voip at danofive.id.au
Sun Nov 11 09:18:04 EST 2012

Hi All,

I need some clarification to help me understand route filters a little more.

Can you have multiple tags in a clause?

For instance does this make sense?

(DIALUP-ACCESS EXISTS AND DIALUP-SUBSCRIBER EXISTS AND LOCALRATE-SUBSCRIBER
EXISTS AND NATIONALRATE-ACCESS EXISTS AND PAGING-ACCESS EXISTS AND
PERSONAL-ACCESS EXISTS AND SPECIALRATE-ACCESS EXISTS AND SUBSCRIBER EXISTS)

I would have thought that because its an AND the tags would need to match a
number from left to right. For example 972-555-1234 comprises
LOCAL-AREA-CODE (972), OFFICE-CODE (555), and SUBSCRIBER (1234).  The
tags (LOCAL-AREA-CODE
EXISTS AND OFFICE-CODE AND SUBSCRIBER EXISTS) in one filter would match
this call wouldn't it?

The question I have really is can you filter on multiple tags in one
filter, ie filter on multiple different call types in one filter to apply
to a route pattern to block the calls? if so do you have an example.

I understand using them with one tag for example to check if PREMIUM EXISTS
and use the route pattern to block the call. Just unclear on the
possibility of using more than one tag for different purposes in the same
route filter and route pattern.

thanks

Dan