[cisco-voip] MWI issues

george.hendrix at l-3com.com george.hendrix at l-3com.com
Wed Nov 21 09:33:47 EST 2012

Hi everyone,

  We have been having issues with MWI that seem to be sporadic. It doesn't seem to affect all users all the time.  Users' MWI is on sometimes, but when the user dials into voicemail, they don't have any messages.  I have already confirmed there are users with this problem who don't get voicemails for any other mailbox, so alternate extensions is the problem.  The only thing that I know that's changed recently was that TAC recommended I uncheck the following in Unity Connection, under Telephony Integrations>Phone System.

Use Same Port for Enabling and Disabling MWIs

The problem seems to have started after this was unchecked.

CUC 8.5.1ES47.12900-47
CUCM 8.5.1.12900-7

This is an SCCP integration.

Thanks,