[cisco-voip] 6961 Phone

David Zhars dzhars at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 09:33:05 EST 2012

I have a situation where we place a (currently) 7961 phone in a common
room.  Each person is assigned one of those lines, and when they come in
they are expected to check the screen and see if they have voicemail.

Of course, we are now getting a 7th person!!

I was wondering if the 6961 could be a solution?  Does the button assigned
to a user change color designating voicemail?  Will this phone work with
UCM 8?  I saw the SPA501G (8 lines), but unsure if it works with UCM or
only Cisco's Small Business Pro Unified Communications 320??

Thank you in advance!

David