[cisco-voip] Call routing question -- probably a simple one..

Tim Reimers treimers at ashevillenc.gov
Thu Nov 29 17:00:23 EST 2012

Hi all -

I'm having a problem doing something that should be simple -

I have a particular incoming DID that arrives on one of our PRIs on

an H.323 based C2821 router.

I have that particular DID XXXX sent via a voip dial-peer over to a fax
server.

What I want to do is be able to call that same XXXX DID from a phone on
the UCM system.

Knowing that all of of my existing route patterns in UCM which were
targeted at the voice gateways

all had 9. route patterns, I knew that UCM would not route my XXXX DID
to that gateway by default,

so I put in a route pattern in the UCM that essentially says "send DID
XXXX to the C2821 where that dial-peer VOIP exists"

DNA now shows that the call routes, to the voice gateway.

I guess I need an additional dial-peer of some sort (pots??) on the
router - for the incoming call leg

from the UCM to match the 4-digits I'm trying to then send onwards to
the fax server...

I don't think about this stuff often enough to keep all the logic in my
head.....

What silly stupid one-simple step am I not thinking of???

Tim Reimers

Systems Analyst II

Information Technology Services

City of Asheville

70 Court Plaza

Asheville, NC 28801

Direct phone - 828-259-5512

IT Services main front desk - 828-259-5510

treimers at ashevillenc.gov <mailto:timreimers at ashevillenc.gov>