[cisco-voip] CXN 9.x and System Directory Handler (dial by extension or dial by name)

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Sat Oct 6 08:33:32 EDT 2012

Unless things have changed from v7, the short answer is yes. You can enter the alternate extension if a mailbox, and it will transfer you to the primary extension.

You'll more than likely have to use partitions though to ensure no overlapping alternate 4 digit extensions.  Your call handler(s) will have to be configured with the proper search spaces.

Also, the call handler will attempt a transfer to the digits in the primary extension, I can recall if you can do any transformations, so those are the digits that must exist on the phone. Same goes for being able to sign in.

Lelio

Sent from  my iPhone...

"There's no place like 127.0.0.1"