[cisco-voip] Adding DIDs to a PRI - and how to limit total calls to those DID numbers.

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 11:30:52 EDT 2012

in our recent upgrade to SIP from the old dialogic fax board we purchased a
30 channel SIP license.  We have 16 channels dedicated to inbound and the
remainder to outbound.  Once they 16 inbound are in use, the next call
will receive a busy.

to be honest, we do have a dedicated PRI for Fax though.  This goes back to
the dialogic fax board we previously had.  the PRI plugged directly into
it.  So at the time of the upgrade we plugged the PRI into an available PRI
port on our VGW and setup our CSS appropriately.  Our Fax DID are
overlapping DN's with our Voice DNs.

Since we have toll bypass for most of the State, we then send outbound
faxes out the closes VGW to the calling area.

YMMV

Scott