[cisco-voip] CUBE SIP Trunk IP Authentication

Mark Holloway mh at markholloway.com
Mon Sep 3 21:36:35 EDT 2012

The scenario is a little confusing. You said the provider only accepts authentication from your IP address, and not username/password authentication, but at the same time you are saying CUBE needs to register to the provider. Usually registration to a provider means you are registering SIP credentials that include a username and password.

If what you need is your provider to see all SIP traffic coming from the same IP address then bind all sip traffic to a specific IP (for example, a loopback IP or WAN IP)

voice service voip
fax protocol pass-through g711ulaw
sip
 bind all [source-interface]

In the event you did need to register authentication credentials to the provider it would be under "sip-ua"

sip-ua
credentials username 9495551000 password 551000 realm BroadWorks
authentication username 9495551000 password 551000 realm BroadWorks
no remote-party-id
set pstn-cause 3 sip-status 486
set pstn-cause 34 sip-status 486
set pstn-cause 47 sip-status 486