[cisco-voip] "Start My Video" & "Share Screen" options are greyed out

Deepak Maggo dmaggo at ipcelerate.com
Mon Sep 10 03:20:21 EDT 2012

Hi,

In my lab setup I have installed CCM 8.6.2 and CUPS 8.6.3 ( both demo
license). I have configured them successfully for Cisco Jabber clients with
2 IP Communicators. Now I can make calls between 2 Cisco Jabber clients but
while making calls only "Conference" and "Transfer" options are enabled on
the Jabber's call option other options like "Share Desktop" and "Start my
video" options are greyed out. I have the following jabber-config.xml
uploaded on CCM:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config version="1.0">
<Directory>
<DirectoryServerType>UDS</DirectoryServerType>
</Directory>
<Client>
<jabber-plugin-config>
<browser-plugin>
<page refresh="true" preload="false">
<tooltip>Twitter</tooltip>
<url>https://mobile.twitter.com</url>
</page>
<page refresh="true" preload="false">
<tooltip>Facebook</tooltip>
<url>https://facebook.com</url>
</page>
<page refresh="true" preload="false">
<tooltip>Cisco</tooltip>
<url>https://cisco.com</url>
</page>
</browser-plugin>
</jabber-plugin-config>
</Client>
<Policies>
<Screen_Capture_Enabled>true</Screen_Capture_Enabled>
<File_Transfer_Enabled>true</File_Transfer_Enabled>
<Disallowed_File_Transfer_Types>.exe;.msi;.mp3</Disallowed_File_Transfer_Types>
<Video_Disabled>false</Video_Disabled>
</Policies>
<CUCM>
<PhoneService_UseCredentialsFrom>presence</PhoneService_UseCredentialsFrom>
</CUCM>

Any help to make video calls possible between Cisco Jabber clients is
really appriciated.

Thanks in Advance.

*Thanks & Regards,*
*Deepak Maggo*