[cisco-voip] Integrating CUPS with External Domain: Google Talk

Eric Pedersen PedersenE at bennettjones.com
Mon Apr 1 12:32:44 EDT 2013

Hi Kenneth,

Google already has the gmail.com SRV records so you don't need to add those to your DNS.  All you need to add to your DNS are the _xmpp-server SRV records for your CUPS servers.  The federated domain you need to put in CUPS should just be gmail.com. The dialback secret confused me too. You can put any string in there. As I recall, when you send an XMPP message to another domain, their XMPP server will send a verification request message back to your XMPP server with that string to make sure your original message wasn't forged.

Eric