[cisco-voip] recommendations for handing off sip trunks as pri for legacy

Zoltan.Kelemen at Emerson.com Zoltan.Kelemen at Emerson.com
Tue Apr 2 04:16:42 EDT 2013

Now here's a question:
CUBE, as far as I know, is IP to IP gateway. So why would one need CUBE licenses for SIP to PRI?

Your IPVoice feature set should do the trick just fine (not as if CUBE would be anywhere enforced, but I digress. I actually don't think this setup needs CUBE licensing).

However, keep in mind that you will also need DSPs (PVDM modules) for the T1, a PVDM2-32 per T1.

You would probably need to act as network side on the PRI for your PBX.

Here's some sample config, although your switch-type may vary, as well as you may need to use different patterns, number translations etc.:

card type t1 0 0
!
network-clock-participate wic 0
network-clock-select 1 T1 0/0/0
!
isdn switch-type primary-qsig
!
controller T1 0/0/0
 cablelength long 0db
 pri-group timeslots 1-24
!
interface Serial0/0/0:23
 no ip address
 encapsulation hdlc
 isdn switch-type primary-qsig
 isdn incoming-voice voice
 no cdp enable
!
voice-port 0/0/0:23
!
dial-peer voice 2 voip
 description SIPTrunk
 destination-pattern 9T
 session protocol sipv2
 session target ipv4:10.20.30.40
 incoming called-number .
 voice-class sip options-keepalive up-interval 20 down-interval 10
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte
 no vad
 supplementary-service pass-through
!