[cisco-voip] Passwords on Meetme

Stephen Welsh stephen.welsh at unifiedfx.com
Wed Apr 3 10:20:21 EDT 2013

I'm with you Travis ;)

** Rant On ***
Cisco always fall short on some common features to prevent cutting into sales of other solutions, the new queue feature for Hunt Groups in UCM 9.0 is a great example. A 'standard' PBX feature that been 'held-back' by the CCBU for years ;)

You either need to buy/use some other component (Cisco or 3rd Party), or write a in-house app, there are multiple ways to solve this problem, you need to see if you have an existing component you can extend (i.e. Unity, UCCX or even WebEx etc.), or see if there is something more strategic to add to your environment that will solve this and hopefully some other requirements...

This is where the CUAE (aka Metreos) would have been a good fit, one extra component that could 'plug' a number of feature gaps rather than buying multiple discreet components. Don't you just love-it when Cisco change direction like that ;)
*** Rant Off ***

Despite these niggles, CUCM does rock ;)

BTW: Curious if anyone thinks the new DX650 phone will be a success?
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps12959/index.html

An aside,
I'm hosting a Webinar on Security by Default (SBD) on the 25th April, we have a brand new approach to solving SBD/ITL related issues etc. that will make everyones life easier ;)

Register here:
http://events.unifiedfx.com

Thanks

Stephen Welsh, CCIE #12345
CTO
http://www.unifiedfx.com

[cid:CBBF0493-235C-43D2-A874-9FB3D95AF598 at b2.unifiedfx.com]

On 3 Apr 2013, at 14:48, "Travis L. Dennis" <tdennis at DataSourcePro.com<mailto:tdennis at DataSourcePro.com>>