[cisco-voip] high I/O Wait on one core

Erick Wellnitz ewellnitzvoip at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 17:43:12 EDT 2013

Hello all!

I have a dual 4 core IBM 7835I3 which is my publisher.   One one core of
the first CPU the I/O Wait is through the roof.  RTMT shows that writes to
the hard drives are at between 600 and 700 MB/s which is exponentially
higher than the subscriber on the same model of hardware.

Short of calling TAC is there any way to figure out what is causing the
extremely high volume of writes to the drives?  I already stopped most
traces and looking at the processes doesn't give any clues.

Thanks again!