[cisco-voip] Unity CXN bug CSCti36481 work around

Pat Hayes pat-cv at wcyv.com
Thu Apr 4 20:31:15 EDT 2013

I agree that the note is confusing. I've updated it with better details,
but it'll be a day or two before they are visible. What they were trying to
say is that you need to have separate reverse trap pilot numbers configured
for each Unity Connection server - a pub pilot that can only reach pub
ports, and a sub pilot can only reach sub ports.

The reason for this is that when you try to play back a message through
Visual Voicemail on your phone, the UCxn node that the service is talking
to tells your phone to dial that node's reverse trap pilot number (to
establish an audio path). If your VVM session is connected to the pub, but
the dialed pilot allows the call to be routed to the sub, the pub never
gets the call and you get the error described in the bug.

The resolution of this bug was to update the cisco.com documentation to
reflect this requirement, so you can read more about how to set this up
there:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cupa/visual_voicemail/8.5/install/guide/cluster_failover.html#wp1055618

HTH,
Pat