[cisco-voip] Adding a Sub server in the existing CUCM 8.5 Cluster

Abdul Salam . salamka at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 03:05:25 EDT 2013

While Cisco recommends using the same server model for all servers in a
cluster, mixing server models within a cluster is supported provided that
all of the individual hardware versions are supported and that all servers
are running the same version of Unified CM. However, differences in
capacity between various server models within a cluster must be considered
because the overall cluster capacity might ultimately be dictated by the
capacity of the smallest server within the cluster. Mixing servers from
different vendors within a cluster is also supported and does not have any
adverse capacity implications, provided that all servers in the cluster are
the same model type

ccm service will consume another node license.
vmware also need license.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/callpros.html#wp1148520

*---AS*