[cisco-voip] UCCX 8.0(2) change CUCM IP

Ryan LaFountain (rlafount) rlafount at cisco.com
Fri Apr 12 08:48:11 EDT 2013

Hi Reto,

Are you changing the CUCM cluster that UCCX is pointing to or are you just changing the IP of a CUCM server in the same CUCM cluster?

If the former, unfortunately, changing the CUCM cluster is not supported. Check out CSCtz04523. You must rebuild the UCCX server and integrate it with the new CUCM cluster.

If you are changing the IP address of an AXL or JTAPI provider within the same CUCM cluster, UCCX should know about this automatically. Navigate to System -> Unified CM Configuration and the updated IP addresses should appear.

UCCX stores information in the CUCM database so the process to switch to a new CUCM cluster is more complex than repointing it to a new JTAPI and AXL provider with the CLI commands you've mentioned.

UCCX actually used to support changing the CUCM cluster it was integrated with in 7.x but this capability was removed in 8.x.

HTH.

Thank you,

Ryan LaFountain
Unified Contact Center