[cisco-voip] What's the best way to emulate "clid restrict" on a SIP trunk?

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 11:34:09 EDT 2013

I'm reading all about SIP, but there seems to be a huge number of options.

On a PRI, it's easy. I can do "clid restrict" on the PRI, and that
means that the provider won't send anything on, making the calls
unknown to the called party.

If I do clid restrict on a SIP dial peer, CUBE sends "anonymous" to
the provider. That makes it difficult to determine how to bill things
(if I'm using a CDR from the point of view of the provider.) If I can
send the provider our internal extensions, then when the bill comes at
the end of the month I can use the first two digits (our site codes)
to sort and allocate costs.

Is there some combination of privacy settings that I can enable on a
dial peer so that
1- the calling number and name is sent to the provider, so that they
can associate a calling and called number (and the cost of that call)
2- the upstream SIP provider _doesn't_ forward that information
towards the called party? For some calls it's important that they get
to the destination as "Unknown"

Thanks.