[cisco-voip] What's the best way to emulate "clid restrict" on a SIP trunk?

Andreas Sikkema asikkema at unet.nl
Fri Apr 26 12:26:08 EDT 2013

Hi,

> Is there some combination of privacy settings that I can enable on a
> dial peer so that
> 1- the calling number and name is sent to the provider, so that they
> can associate a calling and called number (and the cost of that call)
> 2- the upstream SIP provider _doesn't_ forward that information
> towards the called party? For some calls it's important that they get
> to the destination as "Unknown"

This depends on which relevant SIP headers your upstream provider
supports for CLID presentation.

Some use the Remote-Party-ID header, others can handle
P-Preferred_Identity and/or P-Asserted-Identity headers with the
associated Privacy header that does the real restricting bit.

IIRC the RPID header was never ratified into a SIP RFC, PPID and PAID
are in one of the later SIP RFCs.

--
Andreas Sikkema