[cisco-voip] Using DTMF # as input for Company Directory w/ CVP and ICM

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 16:53:31 EDT 2013

I read that you are all set, but I couldn't help but notice the typo in
your screenshot.

Your If node for the octothorpe reads:  If Call.user.microapp.caller_input
= "#"

That is not checking for equality, that is changing the value of the
caller_input variable.  Anytime you execute an assignment expression in
Java, the result is the value of the expression.  And in some languages,
not Java, any positive non null value is true.

Just checking.  I wouldn't want you to get into a false sense of this
working, when you have a looming bug in your code.

Also, it looks like the "Call.user.microapp.caller_input" is not a special
case for storing actual CED, rather some String variable that
someone/something assigns during the microapp execution.  Therefore, is it
possible there could be a configuration error like the following?

Menu
Option 1
Call.user.microapp.caller_input = "1"
Option 2
Call.user.microapp.caller_input = "2"
Option #
Call.user.microapp.caller_input = "2"

If you're pressing # but the conditional is saying you pressed 0, it's
possible there is a typo somewhere.  I'm only still suggesting things,
because in the 15 years I have been programming, I have never seen the
order of an IF check on the same variable produce different results.  So,
forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical.  I'm just trying to look out for you.