[cisco-voip] Codec issue?

Madziarczyk, Jonathan jmad at cityofevanston.org
Thu Aug 29 17:15:52 EDT 2013

Using the Cisco Communicator client I can dial phones inside my org just
fine.  However when I attempt to dial out to the PSTN I get a busy
signal.  If I try to hairpin through the PRI (dial full 10 digit to a
DID already on my PRI) I see the call go out of the PRI and a call come
in to the dialed number but then it disconnects and I get a busy signal.
I'm guessing it's a codec issue, the signaling works, but once it tries
to shift codecs for the RTP it can't negotiate correctly with the H.323
gateway and the call fails.

Does this sound legit, or is there another potential issue I'm missing?

How would I confirm codec negotiation in a 2821 and Cisco Communicator
scenario?

Thanks!